The theme for this month's contest is "In Camp". Post your best in camp photos.
Monthly Category: Camp Photos BWCA or Quetico Photo
- You must be signed in as a member with a valid email address in your profile to enter (or win).
- You can only enter one photo per monthly contest. You can enter the same photo if it did not win in a previous month.
- You must be the photographer of the photo.
- Photos are entered in the contest by making a reply posting to this message and using the "Add a photo to this message" link during composition. This will allow you to upload a photo from your computer to the contest or allow you to select a photo which you have already loaded into your photo gallery on this site. If you want to enter your photo in another way, please contact us.
- Please describe in the message where the picture is from.
- Judging will be done by the www.bwca.com staff and moderators.
- A member may win once per year.
- Photos must be posted to this message by 11:59pm on March 31st.
- Photos must be in jpg or gif format to be uploaded to the site. Contact me if you have something in a different format or are having problems uploading to the site.
Thanks for the nice comments, and Geezerboy, I'm honored you found it screensaver-worthy. Starwatcher, the war zone is definitely there, just off to the left. I have another photo from that perspective with drying shoes/socks laying out and junk all over. I'm still learning that lesson - I just got lucky in this shot.
All these great camp photos are getting me antsy to get up there.
Yes, this photo was taken on the eastern island campsite on Gaskin Lake (May 2006).
Thanks for the compliments on the website--as for the wooden canoe, there are actually three that appear within my photos and I was lucky enough to have a hand in the construction of two of them (we're working on the 4th one now...)