Remember 1 entry per person please. This helps us vote accurately.
Rules: - You must be signed in as a member with a valid email address in your profile to enter (or win).
- You can only enter one photo per monthly contest. You can enter the same photo if it did not win in a previous month.
- You must be the photographer of the photo and have the rights to post it.
- Photos are entered in the contest by making a reply posting to this message and using the "Add a photo to this message" link during composition. This will allow you to upload a photo from your computer to the contest or allow you to select a photo which you have already loaded into your photo gallery on this site. If you want to enter your photo in another way, please contact us.
- Please describe in the message the location of the photo.
- Judging will be done by the www.bwca.com staff and moderators.
- A member may win once per year.
- Photos must be posted to this thread by 11:59pm on March 31st.
- Photos must be in jpg or gif format to be uploaded to the site.
Contact me if you have something in a different format or are having problems uploading to the site.
Joy is a great teacher, but so is dispair. Wonder is a great teacher, but so is confusion. Hope is a great teacher, but so is disillusionment. And life is a great teacher, but so is death. To deny yourself any of those in any aspect is not experiencing life totally.
Jordan Lake. Late August 2007. The only trip, so far, with just my son and me. Brutally dry, fire ban, low water, leaves turning early - but this was home for a few days and we had a great time. I really should take more pics on my trips just for the memories.
Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today, because if you enjoy it today you can do it again tomorrow. James A. Michener
This is one of the best campsites I have had the pleasure of staying at in the BWCA. It is on Frost Lake near the inbound portage. Lots of space, soft pine needles on the ground,neat fire pit, shade, and beautiful Cedar Groves.
"Tuscaroraborealis... We were at that site the first week of June 2009, we put the feather in the skull and my buddy carved the stick in the ground next to it. I was going to enter one of my pictures from that site until I noticed yours.
quote JolietJake: ""Tuscaroraborealis... We were at that site the first week of June 2009, we put the feather in the skull and my buddy carved the stick in the ground next to it. I was going to enter one of my pictures from that site until I noticed yours."
We musta been been the very nextcampers there? I read somewhere on here that the skull was initially at the site just to the east of this one. Someone musta hiked it over to this one? Very nice site. Photo NOT for contest
Wow! Thanks to the www.bwca.com staff and moderators and especially Adam of course. It is a real honor to be chosen out of so many great photos, and congratulations to campnscrap for her winning story. Thanks Again, fishguts
Sorry, I was in search section and this popped up. Cannot figure out why as I was searching a lake not even mentioned in this photo. It was the only way I could figure to get out and back to my search. (posting , that is) Boppa
"Yesterday is the past, Tomorrow is the future, Today is a GIFT, that is why it is called the present".