It is time to start the October 2007 Photo contest.
The theme for this month's contest is "Fall Color". Post your best photos of fall color or unique tree color in the in the BWCA or Quetico.
Monthly Category: Fall Color
- You must be signed in as a member with a valid email address in your profile to enter (or win).
- You can only enter one photo per monthly contest. You can enter the same photo if it did not win in a previous month.
- You must be the photographer of the photo.
- Photos are entered in the contest by making a reply posting to this message and using the "Add a photo to this message" link during composition. This will allow you to upload a photo from your computer to the contest or allow you to select a photo which you have already loaded into your photo gallery on this site. If you want to enter your photo in another way, please contact us.
- Please describe in the message where the picture is from.
- Judging will be done by the www.bwca.com staff and moderators.
- A member may win once per year.
- Photos must be posted to this message by 11:59pm on Oct. 31st.
- Photos must be in jpg or gif format to be uploaded to the site. Contact me if you have something in a different format or are having problems uploading to the site.
Kinda funny; we live in Minnesota and are currently visiting New Hampshire. We are tripping in New England to see the fall colors here. While it is beautiful country and we are enjoying it, Northern Minnesota has every bit a nice of fall color.
Sometimes we have to go away to really appreciate what we have at home.
If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else- Yogi Berra
Taken by White Iron ..and.. A fated poplar on Lower Pauness--it was chewed halfway through by a beaver so that was it's last fall before it falls ;)
I had too many to choose from so these are just a couple extra that I wanted to share.
Uh oh, looks like trailrider's multiple pic posts got deleted (along with kanoe's heckling). I liked the pics, trailrider, but maybe it wasn't appropriate to post so many in the contest thread. Pic one, post it, and link to your album with an invitation to see the others there. I'd look, they're good pics.
Journeyman, your picture looks like a painting not a photograph.
As Ho Ho said, you are more than welcome to post them or link to them in another thread. I like to keep this thread clean so that when we have to vote at the end of each month we don't have to sift through non entries. Great pictures though!
I posted those pics for fun. The pic that greenydd posted is not from the BWCA or Q so I figured it was open. No hard feelings and Adam knows I'm a photo nut. I wish kanoes would mind his own business but it's all in good fun. Thanks for the nice comments. If you all have time, here's more. http://community.webshots.com/user/jonwood100
If memory serves, Mr. Barley is correct. About 10 rods into the first portage after Nina Moose Lake, down the river, there's a turnout to a rock outcropping. I took the shot on that outcropping. We had paddled against the current from Oyster Lake, and yes, the water was high, and moving fast. Made for a long last day out.
This was after about 15 inches of rain in September, I think.
Pretty paddle on a fall day =)
Little Indian Sioux. I've other pictures where the fall colors may be more stunning, but I like this one the best! That's another member of this forum in the bow, by the way...