Thanks to Cooke Custom Sewing (CSS) for sponsoring the year end prize.
Remember 1 entry per person please. This helps us vote accurately.
Rules: - You must be signed in as a member with a valid email address in your profile to enter (or win).
- You can only enter one photo per monthly contest. You can enter the same photo if it did not win in a previous month.
- You must be the photographer of the photo and have the rights to post it.
- Photos are entered in the contest by making a reply posting to this message and using the "Add a photo to this message" link during composition. This will allow you to upload a photo from your computer to the contest or allow you to select a photo which you have already loaded into your photo gallery on this site. If you want to enter your photo in another way, please contact us.
- Please describe in the message the location of the photo.
- Judging will be done by the www.bwca.com staff and moderators.
- A member may win once per year.
- Photos must be posted to this thread by 11:59pm on May 31st.
- Photos must be in jpg (jpeg) format and uploaded to the site.
Contact me if you have something in a different format or are having problems uploading to the site.
Here it is, my one and only "fishing" picture. Collateral damage from an attempt to catch the giant Northern we thought was lurking off the dock. The Crappie decided to go for a lure that was way too big for it. The little guy could not be revived. Never mind . . .
This is a photo I took of my brother in law and my dog fishing at a campsite on Ham Lake. This is a great example of what the BWCA has to offer, and it was especially fitting for Mark who loves to fish and who was experiencing a few minutes away from his young kids who we brought with us. I think that Clancy, the dog, was just as excited to fish as Mark was.
My husband and I spent 5 days with another couple on Lake Two at a campsite we nicknamed "Chicken Wing." I imagine it is quite a popular campsite but this was my first trip to the BWCA and only the second and third time for the boys. My friend Sarah caught this nice bass in the little cove behind our camp and I was more than happy to photograph the moment for her. This was May 26, 2009, a chilly and rainy day but it didn't stop us from fishing.
Thanks ripple. That was from my first trip with my dad in about 15 years. Three beautiful days in early September of last year, warm days cool nights and great company! It's just too bad we didn't catch anything...
Sorry, I'm still pretty stoked about getting my first Laker on Wine Lake last June 10th. The fuse is lit now baby! My cherry is popped!!
Joy is a great teacher, but so is dispair. Wonder is a great teacher, but so is confusion. Hope is a great teacher, but so is disillusionment. And life is a great teacher, but so is death. To deny yourself any of those in any aspect is not experiencing life totally.