It is time to start the November 2009 Photo Contest.
The theme for this month's contest is "Backcountry Cooking".
Monthly Category: Backcountry Cooking in Canoe Country
Along with the hat, there are two special awards again this month. Our new award is a BWCA dice cup donated by our own dicecupmaker. The second award is from Wilderness Passages Magazine, created by long time member QPassage. He is giving a free copy of their great magazine and a 2 1/2 hour DVD of Quetico footage to the winner of the photo contest and trip report contest. For more information about Wilderness Passages, you can visit their website at WildernessPassages.com
Remember 1 entry per person please. This helps us vote accurately.
- You must be signed in as a member with a valid email address in your profile to enter (or win).
- You can only enter one photo per monthly contest. You can enter the same photo if it did not win in a previous month.
- You must be the photographer of the photo.
- Photos are entered in the contest by making a reply posting to this message and using the "Add a photo to this message" link during composition. This will allow you to upload a photo from your computer to the contest or allow you to select a photo which you have already loaded into your photo gallery on this site. If you want to enter your photo in another way, please contact us.
- Please describe in the message the location of the photo.
- Judging will be done by the www.bwca.com staff and moderators.
- A member may win once per year.
- Photos must be posted to this message by 11:59pm on Nov. 30th.
- Photos must be in jpg or gif format to be uploaded to the site.
Contact me if you have something in a different format or are having problems uploading to the site.
Horse Lake August 2009
A little backwoods ingenuity: When the chief cook forgot to pack the pancake syrup, one of our crew took some of our very plentiful blueberry harvest, added some powdered lemonade mix, and simmered over the stove. Tasted great on cakes and then again on French toast the next morning.
"You can observe a lot by watching." -- Yogi Berra
Wow! I really appreciate the honor; thanks much; I lost my previous BWCA hat and really appreciate a needed replacement. Although the photo credit states "Homemade Bread" by starwatcher I really want to credit "Fred" who made the bread. Also, there were a lot of great photos of good food that were posted on the site! Thanks again,
"When one finally arrives at the point where schedules are forgotten, and becomes immersed in ancient rhythms, one begins to live." Sigurd F. Olson