It is time to start the October 2009 Photo Contest.
The theme for this month's contest is "Fall Color".
Monthly Category: Fall Color in Canoe Country
Along with the hat, there are two special awards again this month. Our new award is a BWCA dice cup donated by our own dicecupmaker. The second award is from Wilderness Passages Magazine, created by long time member QPassage. He is giving a free copy of their great magazine and a 2 1/2 hour DVD of Quetico footage to the winner of the photo contest and trip report contest. For more information about Wilderness Passages, you can visit their website at WildernessPassages.com
Remember 1 entry per person please. This helps us vote accurately.
- You must be signed in as a member with a valid email address in your profile to enter (or win).
- You can only enter one photo per monthly contest. You can enter the same photo if it did not win in a previous month.
- You must be the photographer of the photo.
- Photos are entered in the contest by making a reply posting to this message and using the "Add a photo to this message" link during composition. This will allow you to upload a photo from your computer to the contest or allow you to select a photo which you have already loaded into your photo gallery on this site. If you want to enter your photo in another way, please contact us.
- Please describe in the message the location of the photo.
- Judging will be done by the www.bwca.com staff and moderators.
- A member may win once per year.
- Photos must be posted to this message by 11:59pm on Oct 31st.
- Photos must be in jpg or gif format to be uploaded to the site.
Contact me if you have something in a different format or are having problems uploading to the site.
This shot was taken at Hartman Creek State Park (Wisconsin) - near the Waupaca River (does that qualify as canoe country?) - a few years ago. It was featured in the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks 2009 calendar for the month of October.