The theme for this month's contest is "Sunsets and Sunrises".
Monthly Category: Pictures of Canoe Country Sunsets and Sunrises
There is again a special reward for this months contests. Along with winning a hat, Wilderness Passages Magazine, created by long time member QPassage, is giving a free copy of their great magazine and a 2 1/2 hour DVD of Quetico footage to the winner of the photo contest and trip report contest. For more information about Wilderness Passages, you can visit their website at WildernessPassages.com
Remember 1 entry per person please. This helps us vote accurately.
- You must be signed in as a member with a valid email address in your profile to enter (or win).
- You can only enter one photo per monthly contest. You can enter the same photo if it did not win in a previous month.
- You must be the photographer of the photo.
- Photos are entered in the contest by making a reply posting to this message and using the "Add a photo to this message" link during composition. This will allow you to upload a photo from your computer to the contest or allow you to select a photo which you have already loaded into your photo gallery on this site. If you want to enter your photo in another way, please contact us.
- Please describe in the message where the picture is from.
- Judging will be done by the www.bwca.com staff and moderators.
- A member may win once per year.
- Photos must be posted to this message by 11:59pm on July 31st.
- Photos must be in jpg or gif format to be uploaded to the site.
Contact me if you have something in a different format or are having problems uploading to the site.
Rlhedlund, that picture is powerful, reminds of a poem I wrote:
I-35, somewhere north of Ames, dad's old canoe strapped to the van.
Our tires swallowing lines as we make the late push for the north woods.
August heat and memories drove us out of Omaha hours ago.
The Twins are on the radio, our two girls talking softly in the back seats.
My wife and I exchanging small talk and big eyes, while closer still, Our baby boy sleeps.
Thunderheads pile up in the eastern sky
Their peaks grow pink in the glow of green corn and a setting Iowa Sun.
I am half certain of the smell of a cigarette being smoked by the Soul of my father as he rides along with us, somewhere in this van,
Cheering, longing, hoping for us
As we speed north into the darkening night.
ha ha, yep, that was us. My father in law asked you about the Jetta and ended up buying one that Monday right after we got home. I think you were his last bit of research. I should have worn my shirt too. I wore it there the year before and there weren't any other bwca.comers around. This year I don't wear it and the sites on both sides of me have bwca.com members.
There are so many gorgeous pics here there is no point in me entering with the hope of winning, but I'll enter anyway. ;-) I do not envy the judges...I don't know how I'd ever pick a favorite!
This picture was taken in June 1998, and I don't know exactly which lake but in the area of Horse Lake.
I agree nojobro, there are some amazing shots here this month! I think Adam has lost his marbles picking this theme for the month, if not, he certainly will trying to pick a winner! Whomever it is, they should be proud to win amongst such strong competition!
I stand corrected. I didn't think it would be possible to pick one winner, and then I saw nelsonone's picture. It'd be great, like many on here, without the moose...but add the moose and it's absolutely fantastic. I hope I get to see something at least half as neat as that on my upcoming trip. Wow.
nelsonone, your picture is like, National Geographic, end-of-year best-of photography stuff. That's the best picture of the BW I've ever seen. The trees peeking through the fog in the background added to the mama and baby moose, I can't believe that picture is real. I'd love to hang that puppy on the wall as a 10x12.
I have a Canon Rebel 300d with a Sigma 28mm-300mm lens. That picture was shot at about 220mm. I use a Carbon fiber tripod with a standard run of the mill head. Some day I will upgrade (when I win the powerball)! :) Thank all of you for your kind remarks!
I keep getting drawn back to look through these pictures. They are incredible. I wish my one and only trip for the year wasn't over already so I could be seeing a few more of these in person. Good luck judges.
Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today, because if you enjoy it today you can do it again tomorrow. James A. Michener