It is time to start the Sept. Photo contest. The "best" photo will still win the contest and a hat. However, to be entered into a drawing for the additional hat we give away each month, you must also post your photo to the map location it was taken.
Monthly Category: Best BWCA or Quetico Photo
- You must be signed in as a member with a valid email address in your profile to enter (or win).
- You can only enter one photo per monthly contest. You can enter the same photo if it did not win in a previous month.
- You must be the photographer of the photo.
- Photos are entered in the contest by making a reply posting to this message and using the "Add a photo to this message" link during composition. This will allow you to upload a photo from your computer to the contest or allow you to select a photo which you have already loaded into your photo gallery on this site. If you want to enter your photo in another way, please contact us.
- Please describe in the message where the picture is from.
- Judging will be done by the www.bwca.com staff and moderators.
- Photos must be posted to this message by 11:59pm on Sept. 30th.
- Photos must be in jpg or gif format to be uploaded to the site. Contact me if you have something in a different format or are having problems uploading to the site.
Just after the rain stop and the skies started to clear I was able to pull my camera from it's water-tight stuff sack and snap this photo of Mike Todey and Jamie Walsh. They were hoping to ride the change of weather to a change of luck and land some lakers .... BUT .... the fishing was tough .... :( But the BWCA is tough to beat .... :) another great trip was had by all...
"The instant he dips a paddle, he flows as it flows. The canoe yielding to his slightest touch, responsive to his every whim and thought. Should you be lucky enough to be moving across a calm surface with mirrored clouds, you may have the sensation of suspension between heaven and earth, of paddling not on the water, but through the skies themselves." -- Sigurd F. Olson
"Shark rock along the portage" -
-Stopping to rest along the grueling portage from Kiskadinna to Davis, my wife happened to sit down on a ledge in front of a car sized rock. I swear the rock grinned when I took the picture as if it had been waiting for thousands of years for just such a moment. Looks like "Jaws" coming out of the ground to me, thus the title. Enjoy.
The winner of the September photo contest is HowWeDoin! Congratulations! And thank you to everyone who entered this months contest. September, again, brought another great group of competitive pictures, and it was a tough choice for us to make.
The extra hat goes to Toopoopedtopaddle.