It is time to start the April 2006 Photo contest. The "best" photo will still win the contest and a hat.
Monthly Category: Best BWCA or Quetico Photo
- You must be signed in as a member with a valid email address in your profile to enter (or win).
- You can only enter one photo per monthly contest. You can enter the same photo if it did not win in a previous month.
- You must be the photographer of the photo.
- Photos are entered in the contest by making a reply posting to this message and using the "Add a photo to this message" link during composition. This will allow you to upload a photo from your computer to the contest or allow you to select a photo which you have already loaded into your photo gallery on this site. If you want to enter your photo in another way, please contact us.
- Please describe in the message where the picture is from.
- Judging will be done by the www.bwca.com staff and moderators.
- Photos must be posted to this message by 11:59pm on April 30th.
- Photos must be in jpg or gif format to be uploaded to the site. Contact me if you have something in a different format or are having problems uploading to the site.
I'm guessing this won't count for your contest since it wasn't in the BW or Quetico, but it is a canoe in Northern MN so I thought it was an interesting shot to share. It was at Gold Point yesterday morning on Lake Superior. Shot with a Minolta 7D with a 80-200mm 2.8. Exposure was 3.5 at 1/640 of a sec. I missed the focus and tried sharpening the guy though it appears a bit oversharpened to pull it off. The canoe is a used Unity from Stewart River (which he is selling). It got a bit choppy close to the cliffs and the paddler was extremely impressed how it handled.