It is time to start the October 2008 Photo Contest. We are going to do a timely and yearly favorite.
The theme for this month's contest is "Fall Colors". Post your best photos which capture fall colors from the bwca/quetico region.
Monthly Category: Fall Colors
There is again a special reward for this months contests. Along with winning a hat, Wilderness Passages Magazine, created by long time member QPassage, is giving a free copy of their great magazine and a 2 1/2 hour DVD of Quetico footage to the winner of the photo contest and trip report contest. For more information about Wilderness Passages, you can visit their website at WildernessPassages.com
Remember 1 entry per person please. This helps us vote accurately.
- You must be signed in as a member with a valid email address in your profile to enter (or win).
- You can only enter one photo per monthly contest. You can enter the same photo if it did not win in a previous month.
- You must be the photographer of the photo.
- Photos are entered in the contest by making a reply posting to this message and using the "Add a photo to this message" link during composition. This will allow you to upload a photo from your computer to the contest or allow you to select a photo which you have already loaded into your photo gallery on this site. If you want to enter your photo in another way, please contact us.
- Please describe in the message where the picture is from.
- Judging will be done by the www.bwca.com staff and moderators.
- A member may win once per year.
- Photos must be posted to this message by 11:59pm on Oct 31st.
- Photos must be in jpg or gif format to be uploaded to the site.
Contact me if you have something in a different format or are having problems uploading to the site.
This photo was taken on October 4, 2008 on Lake Hudson, or Hudson Lake. It was taken from the only island campsite on the lake. Beautiful day for sunset photos. This island is great for sunset photos. This day, the water was very pretty, some neat blues.
Generally our October, Four Solos Trip is after peak color. This year I think we just made it. On a day trip to Steep Lake, the portage was clear in the morning, but when we returned in the later afternoon it was covered in leaves.
This picture was taken on the Echo Trail on the way to our entry point on October 3rd.
Directly west of S. Hegman - N. Hegman portage. On N. Hegman
looking south towards S. Hegman beyond the trees. Just a quick trip this fall from Oct.9-12 to see the pictographs, lady friends first trip ever to the bwca.
"Wilderness to the people of America is a spiritual necessity, an antidote to the high pressure of modern life, a means of regaining serenity and equilibrium."
- Sigurd Olson -